EAI S-CUBE 2022 will be held as a fully-fledged online conference.
In 2021, EAI successfully launched an online conference format to ensure the safety, comfort and quality of experience for attendees and a successful course of the events, all while retaining fully live interaction, publication and indexing. Due to the unrelenting global pandemic, this will also be the case in 2022.
S-CUBE 2022, the 13th International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software, provides an ideal venue to disseminate state-of-the-art work in the broad area of system development and software support for control systems and cyber-physical systems (CPS) over network. The technological revolution occurring in the sensorization and digitalization is pushing the way we must engineer solutions by considering robustness, efficiency, scalability, flexibility, sustainability, and security in the product development. Sensors are becoming more intelligent, wireless networks are becoming more affordable and powerful, and system engineering must keep up aligned to give the required response to the complexity inherent to the new functional and non-functional requirements. It is a challenging task in a highly dynamic environment. Wireless sensor networks are enabling innovative and interesting applications ranging from smart-homes and smart-cities to precision agriculture and advanced healthcare. The widespread acceptance of these new services however can be improved by designing techniques promoting ubiquity, the definition of new protocols, frameworks, and architectures that can not only simplify the software development of wireless sensor networks, but that can also facilitate their system design, control design, deployment, monitoring and maintenance, taking in account power requirements and physical assembly, frequently in adverse environments. Tackling these challenges requires contributions from many fields such as physics (new materials and implementation techniques), control engineeing, embedded systems, software engineering, real-time data acquisition and data fusion, wireless protocols and system security. The domains in expansion, like Smart Cities and Industry 4.0, are forcing to re-think the engineering methods and tools, as well as the infrastructures, aiming to improve the design and management of the future complex wireless sensors networks (WSN)-based systems. SCUBE 2022 is promoting multidisciplinary scientific collaboration to solve complex societal, technological and economic problems of emerging Smart Cities. The aim of the conference is
to create a forum in which researchers from academia and industry, practitioners, business leaders, intellectual property experts, and venture capitalists may work together in order to compare and debate different innovative solutions. The conference will feature a highly selective technical program consisting of regular research papers, short papers, posters and demos.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
Submissions are invited in all aspects and dimensions of sensors, control technologies and networks, aiming to smart applications, including, but not restricted to:
- Sensors and Actuators;
- Networked control systems;
- Complex networks;
- Intelligent systens;
- IoT sensors and networks;
- Smart and efficient sensors (environmental, infrastructure, others);
- Cyber-physical systems;
- Digital Twins;
- Wireless sensor networks;
- Resilience control;
- Data processing, storage, and management;
- Distributed algorithms for reasoning and signal processing;
- Disaster (pandemics, earthquakes, etc.) monitoring, sensing, and control;
- Environmental Monitoring;
- Security and privacy in sensor systems (security and privacy by design);
- Health monitoring of cyber-physical systems;
- Smart-Homes, Smart-Cities, and Building automation;
- Tools and platforms for sensor systems planning, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance;
- Case studies (Healthcare, Vehicles, Robotics, Marine systems, Public Services, Surveillance, Education, Sport, and Leisure)
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
Proceedings will be submitted for inclusion in leading indexing services, such as Web of Science, Ei Compendex, Scopus, DBLP, EU Digital Library, Google Scholar, IO-Port, MathSciNet, Inspec, and Zentralblatt MATH.
Authors of selected best accepted and presented papers will be invited to submit an extended version to
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Scalable Information Systems (Open Access) – indexed in ESCI & Ei Compendex & Scopus
Additional publication opportunities:
- EAI/Springer Innovations in Communications and Computing Book Series
(titles in this series are indexed in Ei Compendex, Web of Science & Scopus)
Papers should be submitted through EAI ‘Confy+‘ system, and have to comply with the Springer format (see Author’s kit section).
- Regular papers should be up to 30+ pages in length.
- Short papers should be 10+ pages in length.
All conference papers undergo a thorough peer review process prior to the final decision and publication. This process is facilitated by experts in the Technical Program Committee during a dedicated conference period. Standard peer review is enhanced by EAI Community Review which allows EAI members to bid to review specific papers. All review assignments are ultimately decided by the responsible Technical Program Committee Members while the Technical Program Committee Chair is responsible for the final acceptance selection. You can learn more about Community Review here.