S-CUBE 2020, the 11th International Conference on Sensor Systems and Software, provides an ideal venue to disseminate state-of-the-art work in the broad area of system development and software support for wireless sensors networks (WSN).
The technological revolution occurring in the sensorization is pushing the way we must engineer solutions. Robustness, efficiency, scalability, flexibility, sustainability, and security are some of the terms we become used to find in the requirement documentation linked to those projects. Sensors are becoming more intelligent, wireless networks are becoming more affordable and powerful, and system engineering must keep up aligned to give the required response to the complexity inherent to the new functional and non-functional requirements. It is a challenging task in a highly dynamic environment. The recent pandemic threat is an example of the challenges mentioned above. Suddenly, technological development made it possible to implement an App capable of helping to detect potential infections using WSN devices. Something that technology was not planned for, revealing the difficulty of understanding how such a complex system would work, and rising legitimate fears. The domains in expansion, like Smart Cities and Industry 4.0, are forcing to re-think the engineering methods and tools, as well as the infrastructures, aiming to improve the design and management of the future complex WSN-based systems.
Welcome to the EAI Community
Let the EAI Community help you build your career with collaborative research, objective evaluation, and fair recognition:
- Get more visibility for your paper and receive a fair review with Community Review,
- Earn credits regardless of your paper’s acceptance and increase your EAI Index for new membership ranks and global recognition,
- Find out if your research resonates – get real-time evaluation of your presentation on-site via EAI Compass.
Submissions are invited in all aspects and dimensions of sensor software systems development supporting WSN, aiming to smart applications, including, but not restricted to:
- IoT sensors and networks;
- Smart and efficient sensors (environmental, infrastructure, others);
- Critical WSN-based Infrastructure resilience, monitoring, and control;
- Data processing, storage, and management;
- Distributed algorithms for reasoning and signal processing in WSN;
- Disaster (pandemics, earthquakes, etc.) monitoring, sensing, and control using WSN;
- Environmental Monitoring;
- Security and privacy in sensor systems (security and privacy by design);
- Smart-Homes, Smart-Cities, and Building automation;
- Tools and platforms for sensor systems planning, deployment, monitoring, and maintenance;
- Case studies (Healthcare, Public Services, Surveillance, Education, Sport, and Leisure).
All registered papers will be submitted for publishing by Springer and made available through SpringerLink Digital Library.
S-CUBE proceedings are indexed in leading indexing services, including Ei Compendex, ISI Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, as well as EAI’s own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version to a Special Issue in:
- Sensors (ISSN 1424-8220) Open Access Journal (IF: 3.275)
- Springer Mobile Networks and Applications (MONET) Journal (IF: 2.602)
- Springer Wireless Networks (WINET) Journal (IF: 2.659)
All accepted authors are eligible to submit an extended version in a fast track of:
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Mobile Communications and Applications (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Security and Safety (Open Access)
- EAI Endorsed Transactions on Smart Cities (Open Access)
Additional publication opportunities:
Community Review is a service offered to Program Committees and submitting Authors of all EAI conferences designed to improve the speed and the quality of the review process.
Abstracts of all authors who opt in to Community Review during submission will be published and available for Bidding here.
Full Paper Submission deadline
14 September 2020
30 September 2020
12 October 2020
Full Paper Submission deadline
23 July 2020 3 August 2020
3 September 2020
5 October 2020
Start of Conference
2 December 2020
End of Conference
4 December 2020